Your insurance coverage cannot be bound, altered or modified by sending an email, voice mail or fax. Coverage changes require you to contact your agent and exchange information with your agent’s knowledge.
This website is designed to only supply general information for your use. While the information on this site is accurate to the best of our knowledge, we do not guarantee the accuracy, usefulness or completeness of any resources, product information or process accessed through this site and are not responsible for any errors or omissions this information may cause. It is your responsibility to check that any information is accurate before using it.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Purpose of Policy Notice
- We do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable privacy regulations in order to protect your non-public personal information.
- We collect and use customer information only to the extent required to conduct our business and to meet the highest quality service standards.
- We exchange customer information with non-affiliated entities, only to the extent required or permitted by law, for underwriting, administrative, or risk management purposes, verification, and to detect or prevent fraud.
The information you may provide to Morency & Associates through our websites, paper copies, or electronic archives is secured using industry-standard physical and technical safeguards to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
Gathering and Sharing Information
We obtain information about our customer from applications, transactions, and other interactions with us, as well as credit reporting agencies and other third parties. We obtain and use this information only in accordance with applicable law or in response to your request for a contract with us. The information collected depends on the product or service you request.
Morency & Associates, Inc. or our business partners use the information from our websites for many purposes:
- Edits and feedback
- Marketing and promotions
- Analysis of user behavior
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Informing advertisers how many visitors have seen or clicked on their advertisements
- Customize website content and layout
Insurance Information Request
Our web forms may require users to provide us with personal information such as contact information, unique identifiers, and demographic information. Contact information collected from these web forms is solely used to contact customers about processing insurance quote requests, insurance applications or other insurance information requested by you. Morency & Associates may disclose your personal information among its affiliated businesses and to third-party service providers acting on Morency & Associates behalf. Contact and other personal and professional information is necessary for processing insurance quotes, for performing a business, professional or insurance function, but is never given or sold to third parties for any purpose.
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources: data received from you on applications or other forms or from a consumer reporting agency, state motor vehicle departments; claims information including injuries, damages, medical information, witness names and other contact information; data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; medical record information or data received from medical professionals. Morency & Associates may disclose your personal information among its affiliated businesses and to third-party service providers acting on Morency & Associates behalf as necessary for performing a business, professional or insurance function, but your personal information is never given or sold to third parties for any purpose.
- We may disclose information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, Social Security number and family member information. This may also include assets, income, and the property address and value.
- We may disclose information from your transactions with our sister companies, or us. This may include your account balance, policy coverage, and payment history. This may also include premium paid, preferences, claims, and purchase method.
- We may disclose information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency or other report. This may include, your credit report, motor vehicle and driver data. This may also include medical and employment data, loss history reports, and other driver data. This disclosure depends on the products you select.
- We may disclose information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. As permitted by law, we may disclose some information to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Use of Medical Information
We sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to pay a claim. We do not use or share it for any purpose, except the following:
- Underwriting insurance
- Administering your policy, account, or claim
- As required or permitted by law
- As otherwise authorized by you
When you visit and browse our website, our Web servers automatically collect and store: domain name and host you use to access the Internet, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, browser software you use and operating system, the date and time you access our sites, and the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to one of our sites.
Gathering data on the website is a standard industry practice and is used to find out how visitors use our site. We collect aggregate information on the public areas of our Web site. We also collect information on an individual basis on areas of our website that require visitors to logon using an ID and password. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our website
- The pages they visit and the features they use
- How long they stay on our website
- The website people come from before reaching our website
Use of “Cookies”
A cookie is a tiny piece of information required to create and maintain a secure session. Cookies let you request information and do business online. A cookie or third-party tracking utility which may set cookies, is used to help us measure web site statistics like number of visits, time spent, page views, and other figures that could make the site more useful. Cookies cannot be used to collect information from your hard drive or obtain your email or other personal data about you.
Other Online Security
We also use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This keeps all information confidential when it is sent between our website and your computer.
We keep the e-mail you send to us. If you agree to receive e-mail messages from us, we will keep the information you give us to send e-mail of specific interest to you. If you choose to send us e-mail, we keep your e-mail, your e-mail address, and our reply. Please be careful about the information you give us in e-mail. As with any public website, this communication may not be secure.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on Morency & Associates, Inc. social media accounts or affiliated websites, you give Morency & Associates, Inc. the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Morency & Associates, Inc. in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
Morency & Associates, Inc. reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the social media presence(s) upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the social media presence(s), regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
We will provide you a copy of your personal information that we control and can reasonably retrieve. To access your information, you must provide the following:
- All policy numbers you want to access.
- Please sign your request and have your signature notarized. This ensures the identity of the person requesting the information.
- We do not currently charge a fee to cover the cost of providing you with a copy of this information. However, we do reserve the right to charge a small fee in the future.
- You may request that we correct your personal information in our files. Please note that we do not control information provided by third parties. So, you will need to contact the third party to correct any information from them.
- Sometimes we obtain your consumer or credit report. If so, you may request the credit-reporting agency’s name and address. You may ask the agency to give you a copy of your report.
Please send any inquiries to us at:
Morency & Associates, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Department
1194 Long Hollow Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066
When you write to us, please include your name, address, and policy number, and your agent name and number, if you know it. You can contact your agent to change information that we control, such as your address. Or, you may contact your Morency & Associates, Inc. customer service representative. The phone number is in your policy packet.
This privacy statement describes our privacy practices for both current and former customers. Please share this information with everyone covered by your policy or contract.
Thank you for allowing Morency & Associates, Inc. to be your insurance advisor.
Last revised: April 23, 2020